Thursday, May 25, 2006

wafting stars

i waited in the quiet carpark today and let the remnants of the day wash over me in a pool of moonlight.

holiday by green day reminds me of the time when i wore a violet mango halter and let go of my inhibitions. that was the very same day that i danced behind the window and forgot that the world existed. i have a dream to pack up and leave one day and to leave the sign at my cubicle that says "gone to look for myself". otherwise, my dreams are pretty much the same - i dream of wonderment, of seeking myself, of looking and seeing, and not just watching.

the words "what is life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare" came to mind too, as i stood in the lonely carpark, the day done, the vestiges of darkness threatening to wash past me in a tide of nothingness where loneliness lurked behind the covers and tears threatened to see the light. and then i looked up and saw the sky awash in a myraid of sparkling lights, of stars and wonderment and i wondered if far, far away, you were looking up at the skies too.

but probably not, it is not your turn yet, no matter how far from your peers you are. you still have far longer to wait.

i flipped through pages of memory today, each page giving off a different waft, a different scent.

i counted the shimmering stars tonight and they numbered ten. the glittered invitingly in the sky. next to my foot on the ground, a snail went on its own shimmery way, meandering through the crevies of the concrete ground and leaving silver dust in its wake.

No comments: